Researching Music - Education - Technology (MET2016)
14–15 March 2016
- venue: Senate House, University of London
- chairs: Dr Evangelos Himonides, UCL & Dr Andrew King, University of Hull
- Registration fee: GBP60 (SEMPRE student members, and unwaged participants), GBP95 (SEMPRE members), GBP130 (non members). Please note that it is of better value to acquire a SEMPRE membership and register as a member, as you will be receiving copies of the Journal, as well as online access to all back issues, on the Sage website.
- Paper submissions are now closed. Authors will be notified soon.
Registrations are now open
We are delighted to announce that the now confirmed MET2016 Keynote Speakers are:
- Professor Raymond MacDonald, Head of Reid School of Music, The University of Edinburgh,
with Dr Adam Linson, Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, The University of Edinburgh
- Professor Aaron Williamon, Head of the Centre for Performance Science, Royal College of Music
Stop Press: Q&A session
We are delighted to report that Paul White and Hugh Robjohns from Sound on Sound magazine will offer a Q&A session during which conference participants will be able to discuss various issues related to Music Technology, the industry, equipment, installation, production, as well as education. More details will follow closer to the event.
Brilliant community artist Roshi Nasehi has confirmed that she will be offering a workshop to MET2016 participants. Please check Roshi's website out [http://www.roshi.biz/] for further information about her work.
SEMPRE International Conference on Musical Cultures
3–5 April 2017
- University of Hull, UK
- Conference page
- Call for papers
- SEMPRE's 2017 Aubrey Hickman Award will be given at this conference in recognition of a paper that offers a significant and previously unpublished contribution to the knowledge and understanding of music education or music psychology. More information about this award is available here.